- Researched and tested extensively by fitness experts
- Contains high-level cognition enhancers that improve motivation and mood
- No mysterious “proprietary blend”–all ingredients and their quantities are prominently listed
- Delicious fruit punch flavor won’t make you dread having to drink it
- No artificial sweeteners
- Completely natural ingredients
- Only five calories per serving
- Easy to use–just blend with water and drink
- Excellent value when compared to other pre-workout supplements
- Provides extended endurance, more power, enhanced focus and vasodilation
- Produced in FDA- and cGMP-certified facilities
- Discounts available on bulk orders
- Ranked #2 on our Best Pre-Workout Supplements List
|Where to Buy 4 Gauge Pre-Workout|
|Buy on 4gauge.com|
4 Gauge Pre-Workout Supplement FAQ
Although they are relative newcomers to the world of workout supplements, pre-workout supplements have quickly been embraced by professional and amateur athletes alike for the array of benefits that they provide.
Thanks to their popularity, however, the market is positively flooded with them, so finding the right one can be tricky. During your search, you’ve surely heard about 4 Gauge, a fairly new pre-workout supplement. Despite its newness, it is enjoying accolades from across the fitness world. Learn more about it first, and then find out what we have to say in the review.
What is 4 Gauge Pre-Workout?
A four-gauge shotgun delivers optimal power, and 4 Gauge was named in honor of this because it is designed to pack a major punch. Based on the results that it provides, it is safe to say that it lives up to its name.
This pre-workout supplement contains a blend of all-natural ingredients that deliver a compelling array of benefits. They address some of the biggest pitfalls that people encounter when trying to push themselves hard at the gym, including the lack of motivation that can be an all-too-common problem. The results that it delivers aren’t just physical, then.
They are mental too, and sometimes getting in the right mindset is more than half the battle. Some of the top benefits that it provides include improved vasodilation for better pumps; faster progress; improved physique; enhanced workouts and growth hormone increases.
What’s in It?
It is important to always know exactly what you are taking when using workout supplements of any kind. Unfortunately, many supplement manufacturers have taken to using “proprietary blends,” which means that they don’t release specific information about the ingredients within. They might tell you which ingredients are in a supplement, but they won’t tell you the quantities that they are found in. This is not an issue with 4 Gauge because the manufacturer prominently lists all of the ingredients along with their quantities right on the official 4 Gauge website.
This pre-workout supplement includes:
- L-Citrulline DL-Malate – 4 Gauge contains 6000 mg of Citrulline, which is extracted from watermelon and prized for its ability to be converted into L-arginine. L-arginine boosts levels of nitric oxide, which dilates blood vessels and improves the body’s ability to pump blood.
- Caffeine and L-Theanine – These two ingredients are often stacked, and it makes sense because they produce a very effective synergy. The caffine, of course, acts as a stimulant. Meanwhile, the L-theanine, an amino acid, promotes control and calmness. Together, the two are often referred to as “smart caffeine.”
- Rhodiola Rosea – This formula contains 100 mg of Rhodiola Rosea, an herb from Scandinavia that affects how the body handles resistance. It has been shown to enhance cognition and motivation while fighting depression and fatigue.
- Red Beet – Also known as Beta Vulgaris, 4 Gauge contains 300 mg of red beet, which is a proven nitric oxide booster and performance enhancer.
- Creatine Monohydrate – A performance enhancer and neuroprotector, this ingredient further enhances your ability to work out effectively.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – This amino acid is known to assist with muscle damage and to reduce body fat and fatigue.
- Coconut Water – Loaded with nutrients and electrolytes, coconut water helps to keep you hydrated while lowering your blood pressure.
How to Take It
According to the manufacturer, you should combine two level scoops of 4 Gauge powder with about 300 to 350 ml of icy cold water. As a pre-workout supplement, it should be taken prior to working out. Some people take it as soon as 45 minutes prior to a workout while others wait until about 15 minutes before getting moving. Two scoops equals one serving, but you can work your way up to a double dose if you need a bigger punch.
Benefits of 4 Gauge
You can derive a host of exciting benefits by taking 4 Gauge prior to working out. Because the caffeine is balanced out by L-theanine, you don’t have to worry about energy crashes. During your workout, though, you will notice a spike in power, strength, energy and even focus. 4 Gauge effectively enhances mental and physical performance, ensuring that you get the most out of every workout.
When used regularly and as directed, it helps you to push yourself harder. Your muscles must then adapt, and they get bigger and stronger more quickly. Best of all, this pre-workout supplement helps you to overcome that pesky lack of motivation that strikes even the best of us.
When using any supplement, always read and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
4 Gauge exclusively contains 100-percent all-natural ingredients. However, some of those ingredients could interact with certain medications, so be sure to ask your doctor before using 4 Gauge if you are currently taking any.
If you use 4 Gauge over an extended period of time, your body may adapt to it. The manufacturer recommends taking a week off every six to eight weeks to keep this from happening.
Side effects are very rare and are typically very mild. They are mostly associated with the caffeine that is found in 4 Gauge, so they include things like jitteriness, increased blood pressure and anxiety. The L-theanine is designed to counteract these effects, but if you take 4 Gauge and don’t work out hard after, you may experience some of these mild side effects. Therefore, make sure that you are ready to get moving within about 30 to 45 minutes after taking this supplement.
4 Gauge Pre-Workout Review
Okay, now that we know the basics about 4 Gauge, it’s time to see if it lives up to the hype. One very reassuring thing about this product is the fact that it is put together in FDA- and cGMP-certified facilities. Reviews for this product are readily available, and they tend to be overwhelmingly positive. Let’s break things down to see if the accolades are warranted.
As mentioned earlier, many supplement manufacturers use the dirty trick of listing their ingredients as a “proprietary formula,” which means that they don’t actually list specific information for the ingredients in their products. That isn’t the case with 4 Gauge, which is a surefire sign of exceptional quality. After all, the manufacturer is being completely transparent, so they have nothing to hide. They are obviously confident about the ingredients that they use, which is very reassuring.
The ingredients in this pre-workout supplement are widely known, which is another sign of optimal quality. You can easily learn more about each of the ingredients to understand why they are included. You can even trace certain effects that you get from this supplement to specific ingredients, which is nice.
The manufacturer had this supplement tested and researched extensively by a team of fitness professionals, so they care about the quality of their product and have engaged in quality control to ensure that it delivers results.
Another sign of the quality of this product is the quality of the official website. It is loaded with useful information about 4 Gauge, including in-depth information about each of its ingredients. You won’t even be in the dark when using this pre-workout supplement, which is a major plus.
Just because a pre-workout supplement contains all-natural ingredients doesn’t mean that it works. Luckily, every natural ingredient that is found in this product actually provides real benefits, so this supplement delivers on the many promises that are made on the website.
For example, at 6,000 mg, the L-Citrulline DL-Malate in this product works optimally as a powerful vasodilator. This means that it helps to dilate blood vessels around the body, allowing blood to flow and move more efficiently and effectively. You will see the difference during your workouts when you see your veins popping and your muscles bulging with every rep.
The “smart caffeine” in this supplement, which consists of caffeine and L-theanine, gives you alertness and energy that are balanced nicely by control and calmness. That’s because L-theanine increases levels of GABA, the “feel-good neurotransmitter,” in the body.
Other ingredients in this pre-workout supplement enhance overall performance, combat fatigue, boost cognition and even lower the blood pressure, so your workouts are enhanced in all kinds of ways.
Pros and Cons
Some of the top advantages of 4 Gauge include:
- Provides both physical and mental benefits
- Contains no artificial sweeteners
- Only five calories per serving
- All-natural, scientifically proven ingredients
- Doesn’t cause energy crashes
- Easy to order
- Good value for the money
- Not a mysterious “proprietary blend” formula
Like any supplement, 4 Gauge isn’t perfect. A few potential drawbacks to keep in mind include:
- Only available in one flavor
- Bulk discounts only on quantities of three or more
- May interact with some medications–ask your doctor
- Can cause jitteriness, anxiety or increased blood pressure in rare cases
Taste and Mixability
Nothing is worse than having to choke down a foul-tasting pre-workout supplement. Fortunately, this is not much of an issue with 4 Gauge. First, the days of bad-tasting supplements are quickly fading away as new manufacturing processes are developed. 4 Gauge is only available in one flavor, fruit punch, but fruit punch is a very pleasant, fruity taste that most people don’t mind at all. In fact, many people really like the flavor and look forward to drinking it.
Another common issue with pre-workout supplement powders is that they don’t always mix with water very well. This causes lumps of powder in the drink, which is very unpleasant. Happily, 4 Gauge mixes remarkably well with water. You don’t have to use a blender if you don’t want to. A shaker bottle works perfectly fine, and you can even stir it up with a spoon in a pinch.
Value for the Money
Finally, you’d probably like to know if 4 Gauge is a worthwhile investment. That’s especially true if you have been burned by ineffective workout supplements in the past. The going rate for a single tub of 4 Gauge is $45, which is very reasonable when stacked up against similar products. You won’t get a discount by ordering two, but it’s nice to do so to have what you need on hand. If you order three, however, you get the third tub for half-off, so you only pay $112.50 total.
Given its effectiveness, it is safe to say that 4 Gauge is well worth the money. Once you start seeing the results during your workouts, you won’t want to go without it again. If being able to give it your all at the gym and during other workouts is a top priority of yours, you would be wise to purchase 4 Gauge, and you are sure to find that it offers great value for the money.
4 Gauge is the kind of pre-workout supplement that is ideally suited for people who don’t have major issues but who just want overall performance enhancement–both mentally and physically.
If you are tired of pushing yourself day after day without realizing noticeable results, or if you often struggle to muster up enough enthusiasm to give it your all, this pre-workout supplement is sure to make a huge difference for you.