ⓘ Top10Supps may receive a portion of revenues if you buy something using a link on this page.
Contents of this Article
Hourglass Fat Burner$55
- Designed specifically for women
- All-natural formula
- No soy, gluten, GMO nuts or other allergens
- Transparent formula backed by science
- Boosts your metabolism
- Suppresses your appetite
- Premium price
- May not be suitable if you’re very sensitive to stimulants
Hourglass Fat Burner Supplement FAQ
There are thousands of fat burners on the market – but not many of them are aimed at women. That’s a shame as women have different biology to men – and different needs as a result.
For this reason, it can be hard to find a fat burner for your needs – especially as so many either contain too much caffeine and make you feel jittery, or they’re packed with synthetic ingredients that can unbalance your hormones and cause discomfort.
During your search for a women’s fat burner, you may have come across Hourglass. While not that many reviewers’ favorite product, you’ll still see it on many best fat-burner lists. See what we have to say about it below…
What is Hourglass Fat Burner?
The word ‘hourglass’ brings to mind women who are proud of their curvy shape.
With this in mind, it comes as no surprise Hourglass isn’t the kind of fat burner that will get you ultra-skinny. Instead, it promises to help you maintain your “beautiful femininity”.
It’s also refreshing to see that the marketing for Hourglass doesn’t patronize you (unlike many other female-centric products).
As the “intelligent, hype-free women’s fat burner”, it doesn’t promise miracles – the website clearly recognizes you have to combine Hourglass supplementation with exercise for the best results.
That said, it contains powerful ingredients that vow to help you burn fat efficiently. It also promises to help you beat hunger cravings and stop you reaching for the snack drawer – which (let’s face it) is the number-one reason diets fail.
What’s in It?
Before taking any kind of supplement, you need to understand exactly what you’re putting in your body. Unfortunately, many fat burners use proprietary blends – lists of ingredients without vital dosage info.
Why is this an issue? Because without enough of key ingredients, it won’t help you burn fat efficiently. Likewise, if a formula contains too much of certain ingredients, this could cause side effects and mess with your hormones.
This fat burner features the following ingredients:
- Vitamin D3 – Also known as the “sunshine vitamin”, Vitamin D3 may help you lose weight (if you’re deficient in the nutrient). It also helps you reduce the risk of obesity and other health issues in the future.
- Vitamin B6 – Helps your body process more fat, protein and carbs – which boosts your metabolism to help you get (and stay) thin. It’s also shown to regulate blood sugar, which could help prevent hunger cravings.
- Vitamin B12 – Allows the body to convert fat and protein into energy. A known energy booster, B12 also helps replace the energy you may lose when you cut calories.
- Glucomannan – A proven appetite suppressant, this dietary fiber expands in your stomach and helps fill you up to prevent hunger cravings. As a soluble fiber, Glucomannan may also stop your body from absorbing too much fat.
- Green Tea Extract – Green Tea contains catechins – antioxidants which “rev up” your metabolism and allow the body to burn more fat as fuel.
- Capsimax – A patented form of Cayenne Pepper, Capsimax heats up your body so it burns more calories as races to return to normal temperature. It’s also modified to reduce the gastric irritation that more common forms of the fruit can cause.
- Guarana – A gentle energy booster that won’t make you anxious or feel jittery like Caffeine or other stimulants. The Amazonian plant extract is also said to increase fat oxidation for more efficient weight loss.
- Black Pepper Extract – This has a mild thermogenic effect to help boost your metabolism. Yet Black Pepper’s main job is to help increase the rate at which your body absorbs other key nutrients.
How to Take It
Each bottle of Hourglass contains a 30-day supply of 90 capsules, which equates to 3 capsules per day.
We recommend taking each serving with a glass of water, half an hour before each of your three main meals. This allows your body to absorb Hourglass’s nutrients more efficiently.
For best results, you should also take your full three-capsule serving on a daily basis.
Benefits of Hourglass
Hourglass offers several exciting benefits to its female users. Because it uses Guarana instead of Caffeine (or another stimulant), it helps maintain your energy levels while on a diet – but without nasty energy crashes.
If you been on a diet before, you’ll know that hunger cravings can lead to intense hunger cravings that have you reaching for the snack drawer and scupper your best intentions.
It also boosts your metabolism at a healthy rate – so you lose weight in complete comfort.
As in the case of any supplement we review, we always recommend that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and speak to your doctor before trying it.
Due to the 100% natural ingredients, lack of harsh stimulants and more forgiving forms of key nutrients, Hourglass seems generally safe to take. However, some nutrients could interact with any prescribed medications you may be taking.
As Hourglass contains Guarana (a mild stimulant), we recommend that you take your last serving no less than five hours before you go to bed.
Hourglass Fat Burner Review
It’s always reassuring to find a product is made in cGMP-certified and FDA-registered facilities. And as we’ve said before, the existing Hourglass reviews we’ve read are almost all overwhelmingly positive.
So now we know what Hourglass contains and what it promises to do – will it get the results you want? Let’s give find out…
- Designed specifically for women
- Well-researched and tested formula
- 100% natural
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Free from soy, nuts, gluten and other common allergens
- Burns fat at a healthy, comfortable pace
- Helps you tone up without bulking up
- Reduces snacking and hunger cravings
- Made to strict cGMP standards in the USA and UK
- Buy three bottles and get one free
As we state earlier, too many brands use proprietary blends and other dirty marketing tricks to hide the fact that their products are no good and aren’t worth your money.
But Hourglass is different. It’s transparent formula is a true mark of finesse and quality. And even quick a glance over the ingredients reveals the exceptional quality in this female fat burner.
We’ve seen the ingredients in Hourglass before – it’s not entirely original. But by taking well-researched ingredients and making small changes, the people behind Hourglass have created one of the best fat burner for women we’ve seen.
To further ensure you stay safe and healthy, Hourglass is also free from soy, egg, fish, shellfish, dairy, nuts, wheat, gluten and other common allergens. It’s even free from genetically modified organisms (GMO).
Just because a fat burner uses all-natural ingredients, this doesn’t necessarily mean it’s any good. Luckily, every one of Hourglass’s nine ingredients offer genuine value – so it delivers on pretty much all the promises made on Hourglassfit.com.
While some women have reported Cayenne Pepper can cause ingestion or heartburn, Propura (the manufacturer) solves this problem by using Capsimax – which delivers the “active parts” of Cayenne Pepper, while removing the bits which cause the reported issues.
The use of Guarana is also a masterstroke. Many women report that existing male-centric fat burners make them feel jittery – but as Guarana offers the extra energy Caffeine provides without the jitters, it makes perfect sense to use it in a women’s fat burner.
And Glucomannan is the only appetite suppressant recognized by the FDA – which falls in line with Propura’s claim to use only well-researched ingredients in its supplements.
Finally, no decent natural fat burner would be complete without Green Tea – arguably the most important ingredient here – and the one with the most metabolism-boosting power.
Value for Money
At S50 per bottle, Hourglass isn’t cheap – but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Because as that old cliché goes, “ you get what you pay for”.
But if you’re still worried about the price – bear in mind that discounts are available. Every time you buy three bottles, you one bottle free – which adds up to saving of 33%.
Hourglass is a near-perfect fat burner for women. Some female-centric products are just branded that way. They may come with pretty label. But in reality, they’re really just repackaged versions of male products.
On the other hand, Hourglass is genuinely designed with women in mind. You may have seen some of the same ingredients in ‘male’ fat burners before, but with a couple of little tweaks it has been transformed into a wonderful female product.
Was this post helpful?
About the Author
Rick Grimes is the administrator and editor on top10supps.com. He is a former D1 athlete, and a current fitness nut with over 10+ years in the health and fitness industry. After getting his bachelors degree he became devoted to contributing accurate, concise and research-based information to the bodybuilding industry. When he’s not researching supps, you can find him on Twitter & Quora giving back to the community. Feel free to contact Rick with any questions.