Contents of this Article
NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner FAQ
- One Container: 30 servings
- Price: $49.95
- Serving Size: 2 Veggie Capsules
Weight loss supplements and fat burners come and go, and for the most part, they were made for most consumers. However, if you’re following a plant-based diet or lifestyle, your supplement options are smaller in number.
Supplement companies took notice of the rising trend of people who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet and responded by crafting fat burners that specifically cater to those types of dieters.
NutraLeaf is one of those companies and one of their flagship products is the aptly named NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner or NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner.
What does it mean to create a vegan fat burner? Can NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner actually be as good as its non-vegan counterparts? Read on to find out.
Who Makes It?
NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner is produced by NutraLeaf, a company that promises to only provide their consumers with the highest quality sustainable plant-based products. They cater primarily to vegans as well as those who have environmental sustainability in mind.
Other than fat burners, NutraLeaf also sells energy & electrolytes, superfoods, and protein supplements.
Marketing Claims Made
The following claims were made about NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner:
- Premium ingredients only: It’s mostly true given what we’re seeing.
- Electrolytes: We see plenty of minerals.
What’s in it?
Now, let’s take a closer look at what’s inside NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner:
In two capsules, you will get:
- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 60%: CLA has been cited for its metabolic boosting properties. It can also block leptin, the very hormone responsible for feeling hungry. More importantly, CLA also promotes lean muscle growth by reducing fat storage and helping block hormones that convert carbs to fat. 
- Acetyle L-Carnitine: Also known as ALCAR, is one of the best fat burning ingredients in the market today. It helps funnel fatty acids into cells which are then used as energy. The more fatty acids transported, the more fat-burning is happening. More fat burned leads to more energy. Therefore, it’s one of the best companions for those who are also about to exercise. 
- Garcinia Cambogia 60% HCA: Garcinia Cambogia is one of the most popular fat burners because it helps literally block fat storage, much like CLA. However, unlike CLA, Garcinia directly interferes with carb to fat converting enzymatic reactions, and it’s all thanks to its hydroxycitric acid content or HCA. Other than blocking fat storage, it’s also known to reduce appetite. 
- Raspberry Ketones 98%: First, these aren’t the same ketones you know when it comes to the ketogenic diet. What raspberry ketones do is more about triggering fat burning. It’s not the best at what it does, but it’s always a good thing to have. 
- Green Tea 98% Polyphenols 50% EGCG: Many say green tea extract is among the best in the business when it comes to fat burning. This is because the science around it’s metabolic benefits, on top of other helpful health effects, is pretty sound. Experts believe it can trigger fat burning because of its EGCG content, its active antioxidant. EGCG has been cite to help increase fat oxidation, especially when you’re exercising. 
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine is your friend or enemy, but it does help energize you into getting more reps or sets out of your workout day. There’s also a slight fat burning benefit to taking caffeine as well as some appetite suppressant effect. 
- Cayenne Pepper 40,000 HUT: Cayenne can make an ordinary meal more delicious. On top of giving flavor to an otherwise bland lunch or dinner, cayenne also makes you sweat. A lot. This sweating is a sign that your body is undergoing a sped up version of thermogenesis, or the body’s ability to burn fat for heat. 
- Yohimbe 8%: Quite a controversial ingredient we have here. Yohimbe is known to act as a strong stimulant even in small dosages, and this helps benefit the metabolism as well as reduce appetite. However, many also cite side effects especially with elevated heart rate and temporary hypertension. The 8% standardization means it has 8% yohimbine, the active compound, per 1 mg. 
- Bioperine: Bioperine is the branded form of black pepper. This brand super concentrates piperine, the active compound found in black pepper. Piperine helps greatly improve nutrient absorption of other ingredients, allowing for efficient absorption and metabolism of this entire formula. 
- Biotin, Vitamin B12 Cyanocobalamin: These two are B vitamins, with Biotin known as B7. Nothing fancy here; just a good vitamin complex to have although we do think this was added to address the B12 and B7 needs of those who strictly follow a plant-based diet. B vitamins are super abundant in meat, but not so much in plants. 
- Chromium Picolinate: This may seem like a really insignificant mineral, but chromium is known to actually affect blood sugar control and is pro-insulin. Controlling blood sugar levels help lower appetite or hunger cravings. 
- Magnesium Aspartate 30%, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Oxide: This is the formula’s electrolyte blend which is good for those who exercise hard. 
All in all, NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner seems like one of those “okay” fat burners. It does what it’s supposed to do, but just not as potent as we wanted it. The dosages for some of these ingredients could probably be improved for future improvements.
Supplement Facts Label
Fat burners always aim to do one thing and that is to help you with weight loss. But, the ingredients used here are more than just fat burners.
- Energy: Burning fat means you directly convert fat to energy, and the more energy you have, the more productive your day becomes.
- Other health benefits: There are lots of antioxidants in this blend as well as vitamins and minerals, so they should help keep your body healthy in ways other than weight loss.
The most probable side effects of using NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner would be an upset stomach, sweating, mood swings, headaches, dehydration, and perhaps even sleeplessness. These are due to how people have different bodies and they respond to ingredients differently. There’s also the fact that you have more than a handful of ingredients mixed together, and how your body responds to being fed these extracts in one serving may not always be pleasant.
We always recommend you speak with your doctor before taking any supplements featured on this site.
How to Take It
According to their website, NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner is suggested to be taken as two capsules every day, preferably one to two hours before a meal. They also recommend starting with one capsule first and to make sure you drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
It doesn’t have a taste or flavor given that it’s in capsule form.
Number of Servings
One bottle has 30 servings. One serving is two vegan capsules, so you can expect 60 vegan capsules per bottle.
Top Alternative to This Product
NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner vs NatureWise Thermo Blend
NatureWise, like NutraLeaf, is proud to say that their Thermo Blend fat burner is natural and vegan. The ingredients also speak for it:
- Green tea
- Advantra Z
- N-Acetyl Tyrosine
While we do like how NatureWise Thermo Blend also wants to make a good fat burner for vegans, their formula is a mix of good and bad.
Good, because some of the ingredients are definitely backed by science and with a decent dose. Bad because they also made use of not-so-good fat burners and even added ingredients that need more than a few milligrams to work.
We looked at Amazon reviews on NutraLeaf Plant-Based Fat Burner and found that they rate the product a good 4.3/5.
People praise it for not getting them bloated after ingestion, good appetite control, and a boost of energy.
Some of the critics pan it for making them feel anxious and jittery, a side effect associated with stimulant use.
It’s clear plant-based supplements are here to stay. The idea of taking something that isn’t sprinkled with preservatives and other chemicals is always alluring and will always find a market.
NutraLeaf Vegan Fat Burner is not the most potent fat burner out there, but it does the job of making sure vegan supplement enthusiasts have at least one fat burner on their shelf.
About the Author
Robert is a graduate from the University of Santo Tomas whose specialty is writing about scientific research, claim substantiation, supplements, nutrition, health, fitness, and medical topics. He is a former Research Scientist with a degree in Food Science, Technology, and Nutrition. Currently, Robert spends his time sharing scientific knowledge and utilizing his skills to create research backed content on a variety of online platforms, such as health authority sites, Q&A sites like Quora, podcasts and more. Contact Robert.