Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout FAQ
- One Container: 60 servings
- Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6.5 grams)
Pre-workout supplementation has been around for a while now and we’ve come a long way ever since the first tub was sold. However, some feel as if we’ve innovated too much that the fundamentals of supplementing are overlooked in favor of novel ingredients and function.
Many companies are chasing the latest shiny object that the quality of their supplement sometimes suffers. That’s not how Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout was designed. No, the company wants you to know that the old ways of bodybuilding and strengthening are still relevant to this date.
Is Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout really capable of old school performance or is it just another marketing gimmick? Read this Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout review to find out!
Who Makes It?
Vintage Blast Pre Workout Pre Workout is sold by Old School Labs, a company that builds its brand around the old way of bodybuilding, but with a slight innovative twist. They usually create old formulas then add a few things to make it relevant to the latest in research. In the case of Vintage Blast Pre Workout, it would be microencapsulated caffeine and D-aspartic acid.
They describe Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout as a two-stage natural pre workout energy drink for men and women. Two stages, so they’re likely referring to how their two blends work.
Marketing Claims Made
The following claims were made about Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout:
- Increase your strength: We definitely see the potential considering it has good dosages of ingredients known to improve performance in the gym.
- Gives focus: The presence of N Acetyl L Tyrosine is the reason why they can claim focus, and the dose ain’t that bad either.
- Non Habit forming: They say many products rely too much on delivering all ingredients at once which can increase tolerance. Higher tolerance can lead to a need to improve dosage which is a never ending cycle. Their formula relies on a two-stage approach. We quote:”The two-stage formula ensures a steadier delivery rate, which works against dependency, and helps you power through your workouts and competitive events — from start to finish.“
What’s in it?
Now, let’s take a closer look at what’s inside Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout.
In one 15.3 gram scoop, you will get:
Vitamins and Minerals
The fact that Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout added vitamins and minerals in generous doses shouldn’t go unnoticed. 
Stage 1 Group: Start Strong
Judging from the blend name, this is Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout’s driving blend for performance and maximum lifting prowess. The five ingredients here have the lion’s share of the serving size and we think that’s a good thing.
- Citrulline malate – Coming in at a hot 5-gram dosage, citrulline malate is the number one ingredient for maximum pumps enabling you to have some of the best lifts of your life. 
- Beta alanine – One of the most popular ingredients for pre workouts is also considered a household staple. Beta alanine is capable of boosting endurance, delaying fatigue, and helping with muscle recovery which helps you get back to working out faster than you can say DOMS. 
- Arginine AKG – This is the preferred form of Arginine for an extra delivery of nitric oxide and performance. It’s much more bioavailable than plain old arginine and should act as support for citrulline malate, making each pumps stronger and last longer. 
- L-Carnitine – What the ‘90s and early ‘2000s lifters consider as the face of fat burning drinks. It works by mainly transporting fatty acids to cells and be converted to energy. 
- Caffeine – Standard energy source with a moderate dose of 150 mg which is a surprisingly mild amount compared to probably 60% of what we’ve reviewed so far. 
Stage 2 Group: Finish Strong
This blend is most likely meant to support the previous blend as well as cover some of the bases that went unnoticed or untouched previously.
- D-Aspartic Acid. This is one of the finest testosterone boosters in the world as it can promote androgen levels for better endurance, muscle development, and recovery. 
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. This is the best form of tyrosine for focus and overall mental performance. It may also help curb stress levels. 
- Micro-Encapsulated Caffeine. The encapsulation means it’s set to be a “delayed release” type of ingredient. I can see this working on reducing the jitters and preventing the crash while at the same time providing sustainable energy throughout your workout. 
We’ve been impressed so far into our Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout review. The company may be old school, but the way they designed Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout is anything but. It has a really good serving size, a sustainable and manageable energy boost, as well as a lot of muscle recovery benefits.
We like the idea of having a two-stage quirk with the formula. We’re not sure how this will all play out given that you mix them all up anyway, but we’re giving it the benefit of the doubt.
This blend also contains the microencapsulated caffeine which is supposed to help in reducing the jitters and other side effects without lowering the energy you get. The whole thing with microencapsulation sounds plausible, but we still vouch for theanine.
All in all, we see Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout as a really great starting supplement with a few extras that will cater to a lot of regular users.
Supplement Facts Label
Some of the benefits you can expect from taking Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout Pre Workout include:
- Good pump boost: The presence of citrulline malate can help you lift heavier than you did last week.
- Testosterone Support: DAA in this formula acts more of a recovery ingredient for better muscle growth.
The most probable side effects of using Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout would be anything related to caffeine and beta-alanine.
For beta-alanine, the usual symptom is tingling skin sensation.
We always recommend you speak with your doctor before taking any supplements featured on this site.
Vintage Blast currently only has one flavor and it’s Blueberry Lemonade.
Number of Servings
One bottle has 20 servings. One serving is 15.3 grams.
Top Alternative to This Product
Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout vs Genius Nutrition Warcry
We think Genius Nutrition Warcry is a good alternative to Vintage Labs given some similarities in ingredients used.
Like Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout, Genius Nutrition Warcry also has:
- Beta alanine
- Citrulline malate
- N Acetyl L Tyrosine
Both products show decent dosing, especially since they both use high serving sizes, with Genius Nutrition Warcry having a 5-gram dose advantage over Vintage Blast.
In terms of maximum performance, we’re going to give it to Genius Nutrition Warcry as the ingredients they have for energy and pumps are dosed really heavy. However, Vintage Blast has an edge when it comes to muscle recovery and a unique testosterone take with their D-aspartic acid addition.
We looked at Amazon reviews on Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout and found that they rate the product a pretty good 4.4/5.
People praise it for how it just works for strength, consistent energy, and overall lifting experience. They also like how the product doesn’t make their heart pump like there’s no tomorrow.
The critics say Vintage Blast doesn’t mix well, doesn’t taste really good, and the lack of instant energy or skin tingles – a side effect associated with high dosages of beta alanine.
Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout is the type of supplement you wouldn’t expect to be anything more than standard. While it does make use of fairly common ingredients, the added touch on testosterone and microencapsulation automatically puts it among the more innovative supplements we’ve reviewed.
Overall, good dosing with a big focus on pumps, Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout wants you to feel really strong and satisfied with what you bought. The only real nitpick is the price to servings ratio, but if you got a bit of money to spare, we recommend Old School Labs Vintage Blast pre workout.
Contents of this Article
- Vintage Blast Pre-Workout
- Old School Labs Vintage Blast Pre Workout FAQ
- Supplement Facts Label
- Top Alternative to This Product
- Customer Feedback
- Bottom Line
About the Author
Robert is a graduate from the University of Santo Tomas whose specialty is writing about scientific research, claim substantiation, supplements, nutrition, health, fitness, and medical topics. He is a former Research Scientist with a degree in Food Science, Technology, and Nutrition. Currently, Robert spends his time sharing scientific knowledge and utilizing his skills to create research backed content on a variety of online platforms, such as health authority sites, Q&A sites like Quora, podcasts and more. Contact Robert.