Contents of this Article
Prime Male Formula FAQ
- One container: 120 capsules or 30 servinigs
- Price: $69.99
- Serving size: 4 capsules
- Serving suggestion: Take one capsule four times per day with a meal or snack. For optimum results, take daily and consistently.
- Refund policy: 90 day money-back guarantee. They offer a refund if the customer doesn’t experience any benefit from taking Prime Male.
A lot of supplements out there claim to be the best in what they do, but so few can ever back them up with results and reviews from real people. However, Prime Male seems to be a different beast altogether.
We did a quick search and it seems the general testosterone supplement market agrees Prime Male is one of the best in the industry. We, therefore, took it upon ourselves to see why Prime Male is a favorite.
Is Prime Male really that good?
Who Makes It?
Roar Ambition, a UK-based supplement company, is the name behind Prime Male . Their website looks to be professionally designed with a lot of ingredient information based on actual studies.
The website itself is the only gateway to Prime Male, and that means you can’t use your Amazon Prime to get an extra discount on this one.
Despite that retail hurdle, the website does offer a lot of “bulk buying” discounts.
Marketing Claims Made
The following claims were made about Prime Male:
- Muscle composition benefits: There’s really no ingredient in the mix that directly improves lean muscle mass or helps lose body fat. Boosting testosterone does have an effect on those two, but it’s more of an indirect effect.
- Control blood pressure and blood sugar: We haven’t found an ingredient that directly manages blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Boost mood and brain function: There are some stress-reduction benefits by lowering cortisol, but we’re not confident about the total effect seeing that the ingredient responsible for it isn’t highly dosed.
What’s in it?
Now, let’s take a closer look at what’s inside Prime Male:
- Vitamin D: More than just the sun vitamin, vitamin D supplementation holds potential when it comes to reinvigorating your testosterone production. Researchers found the existence of vitamin D receptors inside Leydig cells in the testes. This is important because as it turns out, Leydig cells are the very sources of a man’s precious testosterone. In one study, vitamin D supplementation has been shown to directly influence testosterone production by boosting free, bioactive, and total testosterone content . The good news is, Prime Male brings on the big dosage with 5,000 IU which is more than enough to help bring your testosterone levels up.
- Vitamin: K2: The presence of vitamin K in the testes indicate its necessity when it comes to fertility and testosterone levels. Scientists found when you don’t get enough vitamin K, androgen synthesis starts to decline while supplementing the vitamin gives the opposite result . It should be noted that Prime Male’s form of vitamin K as MK-7 is the form that is most bioavailable.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is great for overall health, but this specific vitamin also promotes male sex hormones production, not just testosterone . The form we have is called P-5-P and is the best B6 for max absorption.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps neutralize the body’s SHBG or sex-hormone binding globulin, which binds to testosterone and renders it pretty much useless . Magnesium may not be that kind of a sexy mineral, but magnesium deficiency has been linked to older males along with low testosterone levels. The citrate form used by Prime Male is the best for bioavailability and potency.
- Zinc: Zinc is perhaps the manliest mineral out there. Not only does it promote testosterone production and circulation, but is also a critical part of what makes the body produce testosterone in the first place . More than that, the mineral is also responsible for reversing the effects of enzymes and other compounds responsible for lowering testosterone activity or production. In turn, zinc could potentially help promote sex drive and virility. Similar to magnesium, zinc is also much more difficult to absorb as you get older so the zinc citrate form is ideal.
- D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate: This ingredient is the driving force and what makes Prime Male the testosterone booster to beat. DAA directly influences testosterone production, but the DAACC form further optimizes absorption .
- Asian Red Ginseng 4:1 (root): Stress reduction is what Prime Male wanted when they added Asian Red Ginseng. More than to help their customers feel better after a long day at work, Prime Male also wants to reduce the very hormone responsible for creating stress in the first place: Cortisol. Cortisol adversely affects testosterone levels, so lowering cortisol levels should have a pro-testosterone benefit .
- Luteolin: This herbal antioxidant promotes a much better testosterone-estrogen ratio than what you may already possess . Luteolin is also capable of having a sort of anti-estrogenic effect that complement’s Prime Male’s DAACC effects on every male sex hormone.
- Mucuna Pruriens std. 15% levodopa: L-Dopa is a compound that works by means of blocking prolactin, a compound that is bad for testosterone . It also helps optimize enzymes that help produce testosterone.
- Nettle Root 10:1 extract: This herb helps block enzymes that convert testosterone to estrogen. It also neutralizes SHB. More than a testosterone herb, nettle root could also have some prostate and urinary tract health benefits as well .
- BioPerine: The best brand for piperine. Piperine is derived from pepper and is capable of maximizing the bioavailability of many ingredients in supplements which can sometimes offset a low-dose formula .
- Boron: Boron works in two ways which is good news for your testosterone. It boosts vitamin D absorption and lowers enzyme activity that contributes to low testosterone. Research shows boron can have a direct positive impact on testosterone content in just a week’s worth of supplementing .
Prime Male Supplement Facts Label
Prime Male’s benefits are based on the idea of turning back the clock and going back to a much younger version of yourself. They structured their testosterone-boosting strategy on ingredients that not only positively affects testosterone, but also improve male potency, promote lean body composition, weight loss, and even some brain-boosting effects.
While the ingredients in Prime Male are sourced through natural means and its premium ingredients minimize otherwise common side effects, you can’t be too sure about its safety.
Based on what we found, some users could find Prime Male a bit difficult to tolerate. Users could experience acid reflux, headaches, blood pressure changes, diarrhea, and even an upset stomach.
We always recommend you speak with your doctor before taking any supplements featured on this site.
How to Take It
The manufacturers recommend users to take one Prime Male capsule four times a day with meals. They also say to have the best results, take Prime Male daily and consistently.
There shouldn’t be any taste since Prime Male comes in capsules. We checked the other ingredients and saw no ingredient that could impart flavor or smell.
Number of Servings
One container has 30 servings or 120 total capsules. If taken four times a day, one container should last about a month.
Top Alternative to This Product
Prime Male vs Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone
In terms of formula and overall quality, Prime Male’s rival in this side of the testosterone supplement industry is Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone.
Like Prime Male, Nugenix offers the kind of formula meant to help give your testosterone more than just a little boost and let you have the kind of vigor and libido of a young man. Nugenix has the following ingredients:
- DAA, 3000 mg
- Fenugreek extract, 700 mg
- Epimedium sagittarium, 650 mg
- Nettle leaf, 360 mg
- Maca root, 250 mg
- Mucuna pruriens, 125 mg
- Tongkat Ali 100:1, 150 mg
- Boron, 10 mg
As you can see, both Prime Male and Nugenix similar ingredients. The main difference being the focus of their respective formulas.
Prime Male wants to boost your testosterone to the highest degree, while Nugenix also recognizes that men buy testosterone supplements as a sex enhancer, thus high potency libido ingredients like Maca and Tongkat Ali were included.
In terms of dosing, we think Nugenix has a slight edge over Prime Male. While Prime Male does have the DAACC form, Nugenix makes up for the generic DAA with 3,000 mg – a heavy dosage relative to many of the other products in its category.
For serving suggestion, Prime Male takes the cake. Capsules can help the body absorb more of the ingredients instead of losing some of it in stomach acids like with Nugenix’s tablet medium.
Between Prime Male and Nugenix, we think Prime Male is still the better testosterone booster but if you’re into a quick libido boost, Nugenix should be an easy choice.
A quick search led us to a lot of supplement review sites giving Prime Male an overwhelmingly positive review, with most of them praising the transparent label, lack of fillers, the high-quality ingredients, and the no BS formulation for the ultimate testosterone booster.
Some of the critics stated that Prime Male’s ingredients needed more than a few studies to prove their effects on testosterone and everything else. Others noted that they felt more aggressive after a few weeks with Prime Male.
Have you tried this product? Leave a review below and let us know what you think!
Prime Male is as majestic as the lion on its label. High-quality ingredients, best ingredients forms for max potency and absorption, laser focus on testosterone boosting, and thoughtful additions for stress as well as vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Prime Male has come and has delivered.
The only real criticisms towards Prime Male is the lack of versatility in its formula. Yes, we buy it for the testosterone, but some men also want a quick and easy energy and libido boost.
Pricing can also be an issue as the formula is not exactly cheap, but we think it’s good value.
Overall, we think Prime Male is a cut above the rest and recommend it for men who want something that focuses on boosting testosterone and nothing else.
About the Author
Robert is a graduate from the University of Santo Tomas whose specialty is writing about scientific research, claim substantiation, supplements, nutrition, health, fitness, and medical topics. He is a former Research Scientist with a degree in Food Science, Technology, and Nutrition. Currently, Robert spends his time sharing scientific knowledge and utilizing his skills to create research backed content on a variety of online platforms, such as health authority sites, Q&A sites like Quora, podcasts and more. Contact Robert.